A random collection of things I come across.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Movies I saw recently-

Memoirs of a Geisha: An interesting look into the world of a Geisha. I am not sure I got all the nuances/subtleties of the Japanese culture. If I am not wrong, there are quite a lot of them in the movie and the movie would have had a more profound impact.

Constant Gardener: Nothing special. Got the feeling that the book might be more enjoyable.

Goodfellas: Great movie. Excellent story-telling.

Empire of the Sun: Spielberg is a master story-teller -- keeps you glued to the screen. Christian Bale plays the role of kid who grows up in the midst of a WWII setting in China. He has done an outstanding job. Its not often that a child artist is the solo main-character of a mainstream movie (i.e. not a children's movie).

No comments: