A random collection of things I come across.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Departed and other movies I saw recently

Departed: A tense thriller. Keeps you involved all the way. I'm beginning to like Martin Scorcese. ( I didn't really like Gangs of New York that much.) The storyline of Departed is quite complex and all the characters are intertwined. I felt that the psychiatrist would have a bigger impact on the storyline.

Tsotsi: A simple storyline, yet the movie was amazing. Don't miss this South African movie that won the 2005 Oscar for Best Foreign Movie.


Seven Samurai: Great storytelling. Difficult to imagine that this movie is from the 1950s. The movie is too lengthy, but it is from the 1950s ..

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

I agree with you that Gangs of New York was a definite Scorsese miss, but don't let that keep you from checking out his older flicks .. Since you liked "The Departed," I would highly recommend Mean Streets and Goodfellas, if you haven't seen them already, or more recently, the biopic "The Aviator"