A random collection of things I come across.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Best of 2006 in Web 2.0

http://www.rojo.com/story/MmclY6SagQ2N0kSN

This article mentions quite a few sites in addition to the usual favorites of MySpace, Digg, StumbleUpon, Netvibes, zoho.com.

I love whats happening with Web 2.0, and there is still a lot of scope for innovation and new ideas. But personally I feel the space is getting crowded with too many similar services. It's like "Oh ... one more social networking thingie". I know competition is good and will get the best out of everyone. All the websites mentioned above are constantly improving their service, but ultimately there needs to be profitability for all the players in the market. Otherwise they cannot sustain their business. I feel in the next couple of years "something's gotta give" and we can separate the "men from the boys". My only fear is another dot-com bust like environment.

No comments: