A random collection of things I come across.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Cache & 3-Iron


Recently saw 2 movies that were totally non-mainstream.

Cache: French movie that totally got on my nerves - thats what the director intended, so its a good movie. The screenplay and the narrative were very different and some scenes - especially the ones where the camera is still for long time with no obvious focus of interest - were really interesting. The movie apparently has many levels of interpretation. It also challenges the perception of a movie/story ending with all questions answered, all threads tied up etc. If you get the DVD, don't forget to watch the interview with the Director.

3-Iron: I hardly ever pick movies from a shelf in the store without having an inkling about the movie, be it the actors, the director, the language(!). But the line that got me was on the DVD cover of this Korean movie: "The two main characters never say a word to one another". (The cover pic also caught my attention.) Well, the movie was a very sweet one. Was amazed that a story could be told so effectivelty without any dialogue. I don't think it would have made a difference if I hadn't turned the subtitles on.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

The ending of Cache, outside the school, just blew my mind ... incredible